At Kelvedon Hatch Primary School, Forest School sessions are becoming a regular component of our learning. With suitable clothing and footwear, the children are able to explore and partake in outdoor learning, whatever the season or weather.
Forest school sessions focus on child-centred learning, where the natural environment encourages children to embrace their learning with greater motivation, focus and happiness. These sessions also help to develop children’s confidence by supporting risk-taking whilst promoting creative learners, and the hands-on experience and interactions with nature allow children’s self-esteem to flourish.
Forest School impact on children:
· To develop research capacity and enquiring minds
· To develop creativity and imagination
· To identify risk and increase confidence in managing risks
· To ensure children take responsibility for their actions and respect the natural world, and become responsible citizens.
· To raise self-esteem and confidence
· To become independent, successful learners
· To develop teamwork capacity